As part of our growing partnership with Mary Helen Guest Elementary, we asked the school last spring if there was a way we could support them based on needs they may have. After several conversations that transpired over the last few months, we are excited to announce we will be working with the school to provide volunteer reading opportunities with students during the upcoming school year. The school is facing significant budget and staffing reductions, so with their desire to see their students reading at a higher level, this is a great way for us to support them and make a difference in our community!
- Have a passion for kids and enjoy getting to know them?
- Enjoy reading and seeing others learn to read?
- Sense God wanting you to further “Live OUT” for Him
within our community?
If you can answer yes to ALL of these questions, and you would like more information about how you can be involved in a reading relationship, then let us know using the form below.
- Reading times would be before school from 8:00-8:45 two-three mornings a week and you would be working with a small group of kids.
- All materials and training will be provided for you.
- Other opportunities during the school day are available but may vary in the scope of what you would do.